While others were out shopping for the perfect Back to the Future Doc Brown Halloween costume or the city’s best pumpkin spiced latte, we headed back down into the data mines last month to unearth, organize, process and curate the latest emails for your marketing needs.
Emails our team loved
For our October recap of favorite emails we thought we’d focus on messaging that takes advantage of our swing into autumn.
As email connoisseurs we were impressed that products as diverse as air freshener (AirWick), bedding (GhostBed) and nondairy milk substitutes (Silk) adopted fall themes that evoke the fashions, fragrances and — thanks to Halloween — frights of the season:
- Prep Sportswear (sale + animated gif)
- The J. Peterman Company (imaginative design and copy)
- Kitchen Cabinet Kings (Columbus Day promotion + animated gif)
- AirWick (product promotion + animated gif)
- Silk (product promotion + deal)
- Ethel M Chocolates (product promotion + emojis):
- GhostBed (animated gif + emoji + promotion)
More holiday examples
For starters, we dutifully updated a trove of holiday-driven curated lists to inspire your revenue-critical year-end blasts:
- Gift guides (125 emails)
- Holiday: Free Shipping Day (Dec 14; 31 emails)
- Holiday: Winter Solstice (Dec 21; 30 emails)
- Holiday: Hanukkah (Dec 23; 53 emails)
Of course, we’d be remiss if we didn’t remind you of our top three curated holiday email lists. After all, these humongous events are just around the corner:
Fresh Beauty business insights
In collecting years of data on 30,000 plus companies we’ve uncovered trends shaping dozens of consumer industries.
Take the Beauty business. This month we’ve curated a group of over 60 Beauty brands, taking a snapshot of their sending behavior and promotional preferences and laying out our data-rich findings in Beauty Marketing Trends.
Along the way we’ve been updating a range of Beauty industry email journeys. (These journeys, you’ll recall, set forth the nurture strategies brands use to welcome and convert new users during their first 30 days.) For instance, we classified Browse abandoner emails from:
Plus Cart abandoner emails from:
Then we used our versatile Advanced Search options to pinpoint October Beauty industry subject lines sporting a colorful array of subject-line emojis:
- Sabon NYC (Enjoy a Complimentary Bath Foam 🛀)
- 100% Pure (Retain the moisture in your skin with this deep sea duo💧)
- L’Occitane USA (12 Hours Left For Your Floral Gift 🌹)
- Stila Cosmetics (Tote Bag Tuesday 👜)
- Fresh (fresh + PayPal=online shopping bliss 💆)
- Shu uemura (💄NEW rouge unlimited, reborn! the wait is over…)
- BH Cosmetics (SEND A KISS 💋)
A thousand more journeys for new and refreshed brands
As usual, we added some 1,000 new or refreshed journeys in October for both first-time and veteran MailCharts brands, among them:
- Pearlfeet (new company free account signup)
- Seed Health (new company free account signup and subscription abandoner)
- SurveyMonkey (refreshed free account and newsletter signup)
- Avenue Stores LLC (refreshed free account and newsletter signup)
- Graco Baby Products (refreshed newsletter signup and cart abandoner)
And we went on purchaser journeys at big box stores like:
Plus updates to the subscriber lifecycle
Yep: we’re continuing the important work of classifying emails to mark the many stages of the subscriber lifecycle—from onboarding to cancellation to winback.
Tap into our Advanced Search options to see newly triggered emails of:
And the latest brand anniversaries (or braniversaries)
For the last six years we’ve been busy signing up for, organizing, archiving and processing emails and email journeys for hundreds and hundreds of brands. Do that long enough and you help clients uncover sly insights into how companies’ change up their promotional campaigns, email templates and subject line copy over time.
Check out our 5-year braniversary for:
And our 3-year braniversary for:
- Chewy (pet products/353 emails)
- HOKA ONE ONE (activewear/540 emails)
- LuckyVitamin (holistic health products/1,352 emails)
- Clif Bar & Co. (energy bars/193 emails)
- KIND Snacks (healthy snacks/211 emails)
What to expect in November
Activewear brands. We just created a vivid snapshot of Activewear Marketing Trends, and we’ll complement our take on this exploding apparel category with a host of Activewear cart abandoner, browse abandoner and purchaser journeys.
New lifecycle journeys. In previous monthly recaps we’ve made clear we’re hard at work classifying emails to allow you to explore the many distinct phases of the subscriber lifecycle—from onboarding to cancellation to winback. For November we’re continuing our coverage of these vital subscription email categories.
Updated email lists. Even though our Advanced Email Search allows you to find campaign examples easily and quickly, we know that marketers in a hurry appreciate our dozens of easy-access curated email lists on campaigns ranging from Welcome to Winback. We’ll be refreshing plenty more of these in November, too.