We’ve been busy finding exciting new brands and share-worthy email journeys like onboarding and browse/cart abandonment. And we’re watching brands in our Travel & Tourism industry group increase frequency and promotion rates to appeal to travel-hungry tourists.
Be sure to sign up for our April 29 webinar, SMS & Email Campaign Planning, to learn strategic advice on integrating SMS into your campaigns. Ecommerce agency Common Thread Co. will share tips, tricks, and insights powered by great examples and how-tos using data from the MailCharts Index.
What’s new in the MailCharts Index
MailCharts monitors the ecommerce world to find emerging brands that can inspire and inform your email campaign plans.
Here are five of the cutting-edge brands we just added to the 2,5000+ brands in the Index:
- Salt & Straw (Food & Drink)
- Snug (Home)
- Pit Viper (Accessories)
- Rockay (Health & Fitness)
- Every Man Jack (Beauty & Personal Care)
Discover new ways to use incentives and keep customers engaged with on-brand copy and effective storytelling with these four email journeys.
You might call it bathroom humor. We call it clever marketing. Poo~Pourri’s 4 abandonment emails begin with cheeky nudges, then add customer reviews, and finish with incentives to bring browsers back.
The 3-email abandonment journey that Ten Thousand Villages begins with a nudge, adds free shipping in Email 2 and finishes with a discount plus free shipping in Email 3. Tip: Stack incentives to persuade cart-abandoners to finish checking out.
Recently Curated Email Examples
Do your emails sound like a robot wrote them? Check these four lists of email examples to find clever combinations of copy and images for important journey and holiday emails.
- Shipping confirmation: Shipping confirmations reassure customers that their orders are on the way. Tarte‘s timeline and information-block format deliver all the crucial details at a glance – extra-effective when viewed on a mobile screen.
- Account confirmation: Asking customers to verify their accounts assures you that their requests/email addresses are valid – and lets you restate your brand value and move newcomers back to the site to purchase.
- Mother’s Day: Check this list for up-to-the-minute examples of holiday copy, images and promotions for moms of all types. Favorite subject line so far: “Not to be your mom but …”
- Payment declined: It’s the email you hate to send, but you have to get paid, right? So soften the blow – remind customers about what they’ll miss if they don’t fix the problem.
Industry insights: Travel & Tourism
No doubt about it. People miss traveling most of all during the COVID-19 pandemic, whether to relax, do business or see family and friends. Now, with the pandemic easing in many parts of the world and more people getting vaccinated, interest in travel and vacations is taking off like a fully loaded jet.
Google searches for “fully vaccinated travel” spiked up 750% and “CDC guidelines for travel” were up 650% in March, according to Google Trends. More than 90 countries have reopened to vaccinated U.S. travelers, including France and Greece.
MailCharts Travel & Tourism Industry Data
Brands in the MailCharts Travel & Tourism group are responding to this pent-up demand by sending email promotions more often and sweetening their deals with higher promotion rates.
Since late March, brands have pulled back slightly on email frequency, sending an average 2.05 emails weekly – down 3% from the previous 30-day average of 2.12 emails weekly but up 27% from the 1.61 weekly email average in 2020.
Brands have also pulled back slightly on promotion rates from the previous 30-day average but are up 41.4% from 2020.
This chart shows how Travel & Tourism brands are working hard to attract travelers, along with the effect of travel shutdowns at the same time in 2020.
What’s coming next in the MailCharts Index
We are constantly updating our MailCharts Index with fresh data. Look for new content in these and other areas:
- New triggered journeys: We’re triggering and classifying new journey emails every day. Watch for new examples in our next MailCharts Index update.
- Summer campaigns are heating up! Surprise your customers with a fun Star Wars Day message, sent on May 4 (as in “May the Fourth be with you”). And check our hand-curated Memorial Day list for email examples with themes range from patriotism to kicking off summer.
What can we track for you?
Got a new brand or triggered journey you’d like us to track? Just drop us a note. We’d love to hear from you!