Last Wednesday we were delighted to join Validity for the latest edition of its webinar series “State of Email Live”. The topic: what email marketers, especially those in retail, can look forward to this holiday season.
Digging into our database, we showed that:
- Email marketing in 2020 appears healthy versus 2019 (campaign volume is up 5% and promotions are up 10%)
- Best-in-class emails to date illustrate how it’s still possible to market products and services for holidays in a socially distanced environment
- Email remains key to how brands communicate with their audience — and will prove critical to soothing customers about whatever shipping delays and supply chain issues may occur in Q4
- With the as-yet-unannounced Amazon Prime Day delayed until October, tougher competition for sales may prompt Cyber Monday to evolve into Cyber Week and (even) Cyber November
- CRM is more important than ever, so cleaning your lists, building new segments, and keeping an eye on analytics is critical for holiday success — especially if CMOs cut Q4 spending on customer acquisition by 40% or more
We love sharing great data!
In our webinars and workshops we do our best to share the haps on upcoming holidays, industry trends, and email marketing strategies. Why? We love sharing our great ecommerce data and information. If you’re interested in hosting a webinar with us — just drop us a line, firstname.lastname@example.org.