The key to building a great email program is understanding what your competition is sending, how your emails compare, and how you can get the competitive edge.
Most email marketers’ idea of competitive intelligence is simply using a separate Gmail account. It’s simple and free – but it’s also a massive pain to manage.
First, you have to find the brands you want to follow. Then you have to opt-in and confirm your requests and wait (and wait, and wait) for emails to arrive. But you still aren’t done!
Now you need to get meaning from all those emails, so you create screenshots, build a spreadsheet of subject lines, and create a calendar illustrating campaign frequency and cadence. Yuck!
If you’re serious about optimizing your email program, MailCharts is your go-to resource to prepare your next creative brief, quarterly report, or email planning session. You’ll quickly gain the context you need to make informed, data-driven decisions. Here’s how:
1. Access millions of emails from 30,000+ companies instantly.
- Get a jump on your campaign email planning by searching for terms matching key holidays—like “spooky” or “ho-ho-ho”—across 30,000+ brands. You’re not limited to just the competitors you remember—MailCharts has oodles of data for even the nerdiest email geek.
- Tap into MailCharts’ database for thousands of emails that go beyond basic batch and blasts. We abandon shopping carts, trigger browse abandonment sequences, and much more.
- Find inspiration fast with MailCharts’ hand-curated email lists ranging from welcome emails and abandoned-cart reminders to order confirmations and dozens of holidays.
- Visualize when and how often brands send campaigns by using the in-app Calendar. This makes it really easy for you to understand a company’s email marketing calendar.
2. Plan better campaigns with reports and instant exports.
- Compare companies side by side to see how they stack up against each other and where you can pounce on opportunities. Share your findings with management and outline your next round of triggered A/B tests.
- Get a weekly email report on the activity from your brands. That’s 1 email in your inbox – not dozens or hundreds.
- Export all the data you see in MailCharts, including high-resolution screenshots, to create information-rich reports your team can rely on.
3. Discover the data that’s right at your fingertips.
- Visualize and compare the user journeys you most want to see, like welcome, cart abandonment and post-purchase. The MailCharts team places orders, abandons searches and more to get you access to the critical journey emails and data you won’t get from mass-mailing emails.
- We open all emails so you don’t have to worry about getting unsubscribed for inactivity. No need to check the spam folder or other Gmail tabs to hunt for emails, either.
- Stay up to date as your competitors change their user journeys. We do all the work for you – we re-subscribe to the email programs you care about so you always see the newest messages and freshest data.
- Your whole team will benefit! No more sharing logins or forwarding emails around the office.
By now you should be able to tell that we’re passionate about helping you maximize your email efforts with a minimum of fuss.