Any users on one of our Pro plans is able to work with our team to import emails from Gmail into our platform. It’s easy and once complete you’re able to take advantage of exporting screengrabs, reportings and more. All you have to do is follow three simple steps:
- Place emails from each company into separate `Labels` (folders) in Gmail, for example:[MailCharts – Grubhub]
- [MailCharts – Seamless]
- Export the Label(s) and send them over to us.
- That’s it 🙂
Step 1: Creating Labels
If you’re not familiar with creating Labels, here’s a demo video:
You’ll notice we’ve added two emails to the “Gilt” label. You can add as many emails as you want.
Note: It is preferable for each label to only have emails from a single company (one label for GrubHub, one label for Seamless, etc).
Step 2: Exporting Labels
Here’s a video showing how to export the “Gilt” label from step 1:
You can also follow these steps:
- Visit Google Takeout https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout
- Products – [Select None] (so you’re not exporting data from other services)
- Scroll down and click to select Gmail
- Click the “down arrow” next to Gmail – and select the radio option “Select Labels”
- In the resulting modal window, select the Label(s) you’d like to exportPro tip: Remove the initial checkboxes with `Select All => Select None`
- Click Next
- Select the option “Send download link via email”
- Click Create archive
- … Await the email from Gmail …
- Once Gmail sends an email that your export is ready: Click to download the files once Gmail is finished
- Send us over the export that you’ve just downloaded!
Optional: MailCharts concierge
We can also log into your Gmail account(s)—or Yahoo! or Outlook—and do all of this for you.
You can use our white glove service at no additional charge. All we need is the login, password, and then we can get started.
Just let us know how we can be most helpful.